Vaseline is a petroleum-based gel commonly used in home remedies, beauty routines, and in a variety of household projects. While there are a lot of misconceptions about what Vaseline is and isn’t good for, learning when it’s appropriate and when it’s inappropriate to use Vaseline will make sure you get all the benefits and none of the drawbacks of using this product. The affordable drug store product has been around 100 years or so.
Here are the 10 surprising beauty hacks using Vaseline:
1. Keep perfume from fading. Rub Vaseline on your wrists and behind your ears to make your perfume last longer.
2. Soothe dry heels. Summer sandals plus the sun and sand can make the skin on your feet super dry and flakey. Spread Vaseline on your feet before you go to bed, and cover with fuzzy socks. You’ll wake up with soft skin that will look and feel like you got a pedicure.
3. Perfect your mani. Line your nails with Vaseline before you paint them. The jelly will keep polish from spreading outside your nail.
4.Use a touch of Vaseline mixed with powder eyeshadow pigment to make new colors. Or, use it for a more solid eyeshadow that won’t get all over your face when you put it on. Some people like to apply Vaseline under eye shadow to create a shiny effect.
5.Vaseline can be used to tame unruly eyebrows, by brushing a small amount across them. Similarly, you can use Vaseline to define your lashes and leave them with a glossy and waterproof look
6. Apply a thin coat to your eyelashes before you go to bed. While unproven, many people think that Vaseline may help your eyelashes grow longer and thicker over time.
7. Hide split ends. If your hair looks totally fried, rub a little Vaseline through your ends. You can fake smooth ends until you get a haircut.
8. DIY a lip stain. Mix a packet of Kool-Aid (like cherry!) with a tablespoon of Vaseline. When you apply it to your lips, the balm will give you a red lip that lasts.
9. Use Vaseline as a mask around the hairline when dyeing hair. It can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals.
10. Put pierced earrings in more easily. You know how when you haven’t worn earrings for a while, it can be hard to get them through the hole? Sometimes, it hurts! Rub Vaseline on your lobes, and you’ll have a much easier time.
These are the few beauty hacks using cheap product Vaseline. If you have other suggestion, please comment below. Thank you for reading.